Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sophia's Grotto and Frozen Fruity Drinkies

Monday evening, a good friend of mine and I enjoyed a lovely dinner together at Sophia's Grotto in Roslindale Square.  I ate there a while back but I can't for the life of me remember what I had.  My friend and I sat in their outdoor seating area which they share with Birch Street Bistro and Village Sushi and Grill.  We were greeted and seated immediately by friendly staff.  We decided on the carafe of Sangria before we even opened our menus.  And what a fantastic choice.  It was scrumptious.  Our waitress was cool.  She was attentive yet not pushy about placing our dinner orders right away.  She delivered our vino and served us a bowl of fresh, tasty bread with a puree red pepper kind of hummus spread.   Awesome!  For an appetizer, we shared an order of perfectly grilled bruschetta with a heaping amount of diced tomatoes and mini cubed mozzarella in a delish dressing.  OMG!  My amiga had the open faced lobster ravioli which I was surprised to see was made with a red sauce.  She loved it!  I ordered the Mediterranean Chicken which is pan-seared chicken breast topped with olives, sun-dried  tomatoes and feta cheese,with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans (hold the olives-uck!).  I ravaged the mashed and very fresh green beans but didn't put a hurting on the chicken because it was a bit too juicy for my liking.  Keep in mind, I like my food cooked longer than other people prefer.  Whatevs!!   That's how I roll.  The portions were sizable and the prices very reasonable.  I didn't even notice if they had a dessert menu because we had already decided on going to the Bistro for a glass of wine.  It was a nice dinner and a great evening to sit outside, eat, relax, and catch up.  I give Sophia's Grotto a rating of B-.


I was chilling on my new, awesome hammock when the hubs returned home today after a few days away on vacation with the boys.  The only thing that I was missing from the paradise of the hammock was a frozen mixed drink in my hot, little hand.  Hubs to the rescue.  He hooked us up with several different fruit and vodka concoctions blended with ice.  Perfect!  We hung outside taking turns on the hammock because it is that awesome.  Meanwhile, I knew he would be tired, hot, starving and wanting a home cooked meal after eating take-out and restaurant food for three days.  I made his favorite wings (recipe I posted) which he dogged the second he walked through the door.  For dinner, I grilled baked potatoes, a vidalia onion, and steak tips.  I boiled some corn on the cob, too.  Everything was wonderful but hanging with my man and enjoying frozen drinks in our backyard was the cherry to our sundae!  Fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment