Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bay Sweets, 02132

Almost every time I go to get my hair did, I stop into Bay Sweets on Spring Street in Wrox.  It is a hop, skip, and a jump away from Apple Salon.  If anyone is looking for an awesome and talented hairdresser...Apple's your woman!  The store specializes in Middle Eastern food and they have a plethora of products from Europe.  The Lebanese family owned and run business has an addictive aroma of spices and herbs that entice you the second you walk through door.  The staff is very friendly and helpful.  They even sell those hookah thingies.  One of those would be a cool decoration for your home and definitely a conversation starter.  Second to Byblo's in Norwood, the Bay Sweet's hummus is the best I have ever tasted.  Just enough of each ingredient in every mouth watering bite.  They have two sizes but don't fool yourself by getting the smaller one.  I could kill that all by my onesies in a single sitting.  The bread (Syrian/pita) is so fresh and light.  They have a huge selection of olives (not one of my faves) and Middle Eastern cheeses.  The prepared dishes in their fridge change daily.  You can find anything from grape leaves (lamb or beef with various spices, etc. rolled in an actual grape leaf) to hushwee (rice/chicken/beef in awesome spices with pine nuts) to many other Lebanese favorites.  The tabouli is scrumptious and always available.  Yesterday, I ordered a couple spinach boats (lightly baked dough with spinach and cheese on top), meat kibee balls (ground beef or lamb and tiny chopped onions and spices rolled into a ball), and sfeeha spinach pies (seasoned spinach and onions in baked dough).  Oh!!  And the cheese bread is to die for.  My stomach is growling right now writing this.  The dessert counter is always fully stocked with many different sweet treats.  I can not vouch for the pastries and cookies but they totally look yummy.  I've heard the baklava which is not my choice of dessert, is great.  You can guarantee anything you get from Bay Sweets is fresh and homemade.  They also offer sandwiches and roll ups on their menu and catering for all occasions.  I really could go on and on about how good their food is but there are way too many choices to review.  And if you don't see something you want, just ask and the cute, older gentleman will do his best to make it happen.  If you have not already been to Bay Sweets, you are missing out on some appetizing Lebanese deliciousness!! 
ps-To all my Lebanese lovelies...I apologize if some of the Leb. lingo is spelled incorrectly but there seems to be several ways to spell the words!

No comments:

Post a Comment