Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Sunday, July 17, 2011

BFF's Bambino Shower

Saturday was my bff's fabulous baby shower at her madre's.  It was a lovely day with a great turnout of family, good friends and a whole lot of nurses.  The weather was beautiful but it was a bit hot out until the sun went down.  Thank God bff's mom had central air for people to pop in and out of.  The theme was Winnie the Pooh just like the baby's bedroom.  We tried to get everything we could to match without being tacky and we succeeded.  Everything was perfect.  I really loved the honey beehive candle favors!  We don't know what my future Godbaby will be so we kept the decorations and plasticware pretty neutral.  Baby momma got tons of awesome gifts and cards and the happy couple managed to unwrap all of them pretty darn quick.  As the guests were leaving, it appeared that they all enjoyed themselves and had a good time.  The day flew by and before I knew it the party had dwindled down to a small group of us carrying on and carousing on the back deck.  It is so nice to get together with good friends and hang out and catch up especially on such a joyous occasion.  What a great day and night.  So fun!

But enough about the goings on of the awesome day.  I will get to my point.  FOOD!  The spread we came up with for the celebration was the bomb!  We had a veggie platter with dip, delish cold taco dip and chips (tpain), celery with cream cheese and olives (bff's mom in-law) homemade meatballs and sausages (my mom), kielbasa (me-recipe posted), the best pasta salad with fresh broccoli, tomato, olives, and feta, scrumptious potato salad with lemon and awesomeness (bff's mom), cold cuts from Tutto Italiano (OMG!) plated by Jidu.  We, also, had homemade grape leaves with Syrian bread and a gorgeous garden salad with croutons and feta (friend), fresh rolls, lobster rolls, a fruit pizza (very cute idea, made by nursey friend), a cute Winnie the Pooh cake with whipped frosting (friend from BJ's).  I am sure I am forgetting something but I do know it was all fantastic and made with love.  Everyone raved about the food and appeared to have their fill. 

And on a really awesome note, I received tons of positive feedback about this blog.  It was really nice to hear that people are for real enjoying my entries.  I totally appreciate the support and the love peeps!!!!  I am looking forward to continuing to blog on the love of my life, FOOD!  So spread the word about www.rozziefoodie.blogspot.com to your family and friends!!  :)

ps-The picture below is of veggies from our garden.  I couldn't stop laughing when we discovered that ginormous zucchini!!  haha

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that zucchini is intense, lol. I literally just saw an awesome zucchini salad recipe. I think someone is trying to tell me something here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! love it! and my fruit pizza made it in :D

    ReplyDelete