Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Caesar Salad and Romano's Pizzeria and Taqueria

Last night, I hung out with some awesome, longtime buddies of mine.  The weather was fantastic so we sat out back catching up and laughing.  We downed some beers and enjoyed a couple of grilled cheeseburgers and the BEST homemade chicken Caesar salad that I've had in a very long time (besides the one at Delfino's and that raving and extended review will be at a later date).  My soon to be a chef friend totally hooked us up and cooked and served our entire dinner including mini chocolate covered ice cream treats for dessert.  The salad was made with marinated and grilled boneless chicken, crusty (in a good way) croutons, shredded Romano/Parmesan cheese, and the most fresh Romaine lettuce I have ever chomped on.  It was just so crispy and crunchy.  The dressing was really tasty, too.  I forgot to take note of the name on the bottle, though.   After dinner, we all headed out to the Moose for some gallivanting including music, beers, and pool.  Good times!!!!

Today, I was a bit, shall we say?  Tired!!  And I am sure it had nothing to do with partying into the wee hours of the night.  Anywho, I woke up starving and couldn't think of what I wanted to eat and we don't have much to pick from in our casa.  I went through the list of various delivery places in my head because I knew I was not going anywhere besides the couch.  I finally decided on Mexican food from Romano's.  To tell you the truth, I am getting bored with pizza, subs, Chinese, etc.  I yearned for something good and different from what I usually have delivered.  Romano's has everything from Sicilian pizza which I've had before and it is the bomb, to subs, wraps, tons of dinner plates, appetizers, etc.  Their turkey subs with American cheese and all the fixings, no mayo, are very nice.  Their Mexican menu is authentic and delicious.  I went with two steak tacos made in a corn tortilla with cilantro, tiny onions, and hot sauce served with a fresh lime to squeeze on the meat.  Fabulous!  In addition, I ordered a grilled chicken quesadilla served with the same ingredients as the tacos.  I added guacamole and sour cream, of course.  The small order of boneless buffalo fingers with bleu cheese dressing sounded awesome so I threw in some of those, as well.  I was pleased with all of my choices.  The friendly driver arrived in less than a half hour.  My food was still fairly hot and the portions are generous but not crazy big.  There is plenty left over for a hefty midnight snack.  I could have gone without the delivery charge of $2.50 that I did not see posted on the menu until after I investigated why my total seemed high.  I quickly got over the fee once I got a taste of my fantastic taco.  Romano's offers take-out, delivery, and has a medium sized dining area if you would prefer to eat there.  It is located in Roslindale Square on Washington Street on the same block as Redd's in Rozzie (formerly Geoffrey's).  My rating for Romano's is a B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment