Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fenway and Fries with la Familia

Last night, the hubs and I met up with my brother and a bunch of my cousins for the Red Sox game.  My twenty-six year old cousin who is visiting from Florida and has been to Boston a gazillion times had never been to Fenway for a game.  WTH!  I couldn't believe it.  We started at Boston Beer Works, a good place to meet up.  Waiting in line in the sweltering heat to get in was awesome...NOT!  Although the line did move fast.  Before we knew it and a few drinks later, all the cousins had arrived.  Of course food was ordered but I am not at liberty to review the snacks, as I did not sample any of it.  The place was bustling and the atmosphere was cool. 
Our seats at the park were awesome.  We were in section 3, row 7 in the right field grand stand.   Perfect view of the field and the fans around us were pretty cool.  I am not a stationary type of chick so I got up several times and then ended up in the standing room only section right above from where were sitting.  There was a nice, little breeze up there.  Everyone else joined us in our new viewing area to watch the end of the game.  Sox won 3-2.  I know all of you are sitting there thinking, Kellyb didn't eat??  I can't believe it myself when there is so much to pick from at Fenway including hot dogs, cotton candy, peanuts, popcorn, chicken fingers, etc.  Truth be told, I was in more of a drinking beer kind of mood.  After the game, we regrouped at the end of Yawkey Way. 
Some cousins jetted and the rest of us headed over to the Lansdowne Pub.  I was ravenous at this point.  I wanted some fries and I wanted them NOW!  We decided to sit in a huge booth kind of set up, along the left wall.  The place was pretty happening.  Lots of youngsters getting their drink on and some were busting a move.  I, too, was feeling the tunes and dancing in my seat.  Everyone said they weren't hungry and didn't want anything when I asked.  But, I am no fool and wanted to make sure I would get my fair share.  I ordered two orders of large fries and two orders of chicken bites (just write nuggets).  The chicken was blah but I still ravaged almost a full order.  The fries were fantastic.  They were served on a plate with a  paper bag to absorb the excess oil and to reduce the moisture.  Genius!  And believe me, it makes a difference.  I am a fry connoisseur and I get so angry when you are served/delivered fries in a styrofoam container.  Hello!!!!  Not good.   Everyone had a couple of drinks and helped me eat the appetizers.  I tried a sip of my cousin's mojito, which I had never tasted before.  OMG!!!  Loved it.  I would describe it as an adult lime rickey without the raspberry.  Although the raspberry would be a nice touch.   Am I right?  Either way, why hasn't anyone introduced me to this scrumptiousness sooner?   The fam and I had a great time together.  We definitely should make it a tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment