Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday's Lunch

Thanks to a great friend of ours, my fridge has been brought back to life.  Of course the piece needed for the fix was the size of a printer's ink cartridge and only cost $6.  Imagine!  They just don't manufacture appliances the way they used to.  Our 86 year old fridge we have in the cellar is still running strong and will probably outlive our now 3 year old one in the kitchen.  So annoying. 

Because of the fridge issues, we hardly had any food.  Off to BJ's and Roche's to stock up.  Is it just me or does everyone get super excited to stock up on paper supplies and bulk food?  It makes me so happy to know a have a more than ample supply of paper towels.  For real.  It's an addiction.  No worries though, to make up for my heavy use of PT, I totally recycle other items that should be and I reuse soap bottles and things like that.  Greenwise all is good. 

After overflowing our cart at BJ's, we popped into Roche's for some sale items, deli meats, and bread, which brings me to the point of this entry.  Many people are not fond of pumpernickel bread but it is absolutely one of my fave carb choices.  And combined with fresh domestic deli ham and some yellow mustard.  YUMMO!  No need for cheese on this sangie.  Those three ingredients together create pure awesomeness.  Nice and simple and oh so satisfying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment