Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

More than a Chef

What's that old saying?  If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.  Well my momma didn't raise no quitter.  Yeah the banana bread was a minor catastrophe but I surely did not give up on my baking quests. 

Thanks to my man picking me up a can of sliced peaches at 10pm the other evening, my virgin version of peach cobbler could seriously be packaged and sold.  It was that delicious.  Why wouldn't it be?  It's full of sugar and spice and everything nice.  Pure decadence.  The recipe I concocted from viewing many versions on the interweb, consisted of sliced peaches, loads of sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, lots of cinnamon, milk, and a whole stick of butter.  And I think I added some nutmeg because that's how I roll.  I can't stick to one recipe.  It's just not me. 

The best part was getting a healthy portion right out of the oven, topped with whipped cream.  Nice and warm and ooey gooey.  OMG!  I was honestly stunned by how scrumptious my first batch of homemade cobbler turned out.  Even the hubs who does not care for peaches agreed it was fantastic.  So there ya go.  I am a baker now.  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment