Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Half Moons, 02081

As promised the update on my steak tip, baked potato, and grilled onion dinner the other night.  It was fabulous even without the unidentified other form of veggie.  The meat was perfectly marinated and grilled to awesomeness by yours truly.  Even having to work in darkness on a makeshift table made of plywood set on top of garbage barrels, by the dim light of a motion sensor light, my grilling skills shined right on through.  My strips were cooked medium well and the hubs' were medium rare.  Delish!  And to top it off, we had tons left over for the hubs to whip up homemade steak, onion, and cheese quesadillas served with salsa and sour cream for last night's dinner.  Yup!  They were beyond tasty.  I enjoyed them a wee bit too much. 

So the hubs and my dad-in-law have been busy laboring for weeks on various projects on our home. They are trying to get the jobs done before the colder weather hits.  And my trabajo is to make sure these handy dandy, hard working men take water breaks and have something filling to eat when lunch time rolls around.  Occasionally, I call a deli order into Todesca's which is located on Washington Street in Roslindale.  My most recent  assortment consisted of LOL cheese, domestic ham, salami, and roast beef for us to make sangies.  The small convenient store is very close to my home, reasonably priced, and the staff are friendly and down to earth.  The cold cuts and other meats in their deli case are fresh, delicious, and do not cost an arm and a leg, like in the supermarkets. 

Every time I shop at Todesca's, one of the first items I look for are the bombastic half moons for me and the whoopie pies, (which I have mentioned before), for my man.  Both are made by Butter Cafe & Bakery in Walpole.  Delectable!  The half moons are definitely the best I have ever tasted and I LOVE me some half moons and have sampled many.  Roche's has pretty good ones, as well.  But not half as creamy, fluffy, and heavenly as Butter's.  Whoopie pies are not one of my fave choices but I would never kick one out of bed.  HA!  The hubs absolutely devours the huge, chocolate cake like, Oreo looking treats.  After viewing Butter's website, I will for sure be taking a short road trip to the intersection of Rt 1A and Rt 27, in the very near future.  I am bit envious of my peeps who live in and around the Norwood/Walpole area right about now.  I heart bakeries and trying new places!

No comments:

Post a Comment