Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Friday, October 28, 2011

Last Friday of the Month, Recipe Friday!

Chicken Cacciatore!

1 lb boneless chicken strips
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 TBSP olive oil
1 can (28oz) "kitchen ready" tomatoes
1 TSP salt
1 TSP oregano
1 TSP basil
1/2 TSP ground red pepper
1 medium sized green pepper, cut in strips

Brown chicken, onion, and garlic in oil.  Add tomatoes, seasonings, and green pepper.  Bring to a full boil.  Then lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.  Stir before serving over pasta of your choice.  Get some fresh crusty bread for dipping, too.  Delish!

This fancy sounding Italian specialty came from my hand written recipe book that mi madre gave me.   Pretty sure this one was borrowed from my aunt.  Either way it is super easy to prep and cook and tastes fantastic.  As always, I mixed up the ingredients a bit.  Try fresh herbs and spices, adding various peppers and onions and maybe a little sugar to the sauce.  I know I have mentioned this dish in one or two of my previous entries and/or on my Rozziefoodie facebook page---(www.facebook.com/pages/Rozziefoodie/) .  Too lazy to read back to see if I already posted this one.  HA!  You won't believe how delicious this little ditty turns out.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment