Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Sunday, October 16, 2011

So Good I Had to Share!

For the Pats game today, I made my delicious wings, fried turkey kielbasa with onions, and the addictive awesomeness that is salsa con queso.  During the first quarter, the hubs and I gorged ourselves with the tasty appetizers while watching some football (if you want to call it that).  Thankfully, the Pats were left with some dignity, as they saved their own butts at the very end of the fourth quarter.  Phew!

After the game, I developed a hankering for a hunk of cheese.  Ha ha.  No sah.  My craving was for biscuits.  For the past week I have been dying for some Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits.  And today my void was filled.  The best is getting  the warm scrumptiousness right out of the oven.  The first one I sliced and topped with a slab of butter and a thin layer of raspberry jam.  I could barely get the mini delight assembled before shoving it into my mouth.  YUMMY!  One of the best combos in the world.  Melted butter, jelly or jam and your choice of a warm carb.  Trust me.  You will likey.  The second biscuit, I topped with a small sausage patty and a couple of slices of cheddar cheese.  Mmm good.  But not as delightful as the first flaky concoction.  No complaints though.  My dinner was just perfect.  And super easy.  :)

1 comment: