Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One of America's Fave Sangies!

In the midst of baking my first batch of banana bread from scratch, I was blessed with an unexpected guest.  After realizing that all purpose flour is definitely not the same as self rising flour via the interweb, I attempted to fix the mess I created and bake on.  Mi amiga arrived shortly after the second round of baking started. 

She commented on how awesome the sweet breads smelled baking in the oven and I explained my shortfalls with the whole baking thing.  We chatted for a while and caught up for a bit.  After some time the banana bread appeared to be ready.  My friend took off after our pleasant visit and I allowed the loaves to cool. 

The hubs was at work and I found myself starving all of a sudden.  I snacked on some left over meatballs that my mother had sent over which did not fill the void.  After a toasted Thomas' with peanut butter, I was still hungry.  Light bulb!

Wheat bread, LOL American cheese, butter, and thinly sliced tomato = the bomb diggity, aka grilled cheese with tomato.  Can you say freaking delish?  I can!!!  YUM!  So good and such a forgotten sandwich.  It is so tasty, ooey, gooey and delicious.  Yes.  It killed me to buy a tomato after all the beauties we grew this year in our garden but for the love of one of America's favorites, I did falter.  The only thing that was missing besides the chips which I had, was some piping hot tomato soup.  There is always a next time. 

Oh!  And if you missed my comment earlier on my Rozziefoodie Facebook page.  The banana bread turned out edible.  Way too much banana was added.  Nuff said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment