Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Spring Street Cafe, West Roxbury

I woke up ravenous on Friday morning so I suggested that we go to Spring Street for a late breakfast.  The hubs eagerly agreed.  We hadn't been out for breakfast or to Spring Street in quite a while so we were both psyched for the feast that was to come.  To say the least, we both love Spring Street for breakfast. 

The pleasant, Irish waitress warmly greeted us and chatted with us for a bit.  She wondered where we had been since we hadn't been in for while.  The staff and owner are personable, friendly, and efficient and they serve up some scrumptious grub.  The food is reliable.  Always hot and always good.  The restaurant is a seat yourself kinda place.  It has a cute dining area and a small bar that you can eat at.  The portions are just right and the prices are more than reasonable. 

We both ordered coffee.  I ordered one egg scrambled which I gave to my man because I hate eggs. It is easier to order the meal than being a side order queen.  The egg comes with great home fries cooked with onions, and toast (I got wheat).  I always throw in some kind of morning meat and that day I was digging me some crispy bacon.  They have awesome Irish bacon (rashers) and Irish sausages (bangers) which I love but I was totally in the mood for some good old American bacon.  MMM!  The hubs and I always share a short stack of fluffy pancakes with butter and syrup.  He ordered his usual, the Irish breakfast.  That comes with two eggs cooked to your liking, home fries, toast, bangers, rashers, black pudding, and white pudding.  He fancies the white pudding so he orders double .  The pudding is a sausage like meat.  We dogged just about everything except a piece or two of toast.  YUMMY and filling. 

Spring Street serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I usually order breakfast because it is so good and they serve it until 3pm.  Their lunch menu is a good size and I can vouch for their turkey clubs and fries.  The turkey and veggies were wicked fresh.  Honestly, the best club I have ever tasted and the fries are so light and crispy.  I am hoping to go in for dinner in the near future.  The supper menu has several Italian dishes which is right up my alley.  I give Spring Street in West Roxbury a B+ rating.  Next time you go out for breakfast, pop into Spring Street.  You won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment