Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Friday, August 19, 2011

Soon to be Last Friday of the Month...Recipe Friday!!

Scrumptious Quiche

Pie Crust, frozen 9" deep dish
Campbell's cheddar cheese soup (10 3/4 ounce)
4 eggs
Black pepper
Ham steak-diced
Small/medium sized onion diced
Half of a good sized green pepper
Mushrooms (4 ounce can, drained)
Shredded mixed blend cheese (4 ounce)

Beat eggs then add soup and mix until creamy.  Add peppers, ham, onions, mushrooms, and mix it all up good.  Add shredded cheese and mix again.  Pour the egg concoction into uncooked pie shell.  Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for an hour or until browned on top. 

I don't even like eggs but I can't taste them because the combo of these ingredients is so rich and delish.  This dish is filling and is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or even a snack. 
As with any recipe you can mix up the ingredients to your liking.  You can use cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup.  You can add or subtract the meat and veggies.  And even spice it up with some hot sauce or other spices.  Enjoy!

Per usual, this recipe was given to me by mi madre in a hand written recipe book that she wrote out for my brother and I back in 1999 for Christmas.  She is a great cook and her recipes are the bomb.  I cherish the contents and won't let anyone take the book out of my house.  Though, I have allowed people to copy the recipes by hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment