Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Clancy's, Dennis Port

Before my review of Clancy's, I totally have to mention this adorable little place we went to on our second day down the Cape. We went to get a very late breakfast at Wolfie's in Dennis Port.  The place is so cute with an old school bakery with tons of homemade pastries, cookies, hermits, and cakes.  There was a place to order on the same side and tables and chairs in the other room with a computer and free wifi which I took advantage of.  It was raining but I am pretty sure there were some tables outside to dine at, as well.  I ordered and later devoured a tasty bacon and cheese on a sweet Portuguese bread like croissant.  Mi amiga ordered the same with an egg.  We very much enjoyed the sangies and they totally hit the spot.  The coffee was nice and strong and piping hot and I got a free refill which was coolio.  The dude that worked at the counter was so welcoming and trusting.  He offered to let us order and eat before heading to the ATM.  Neither of us had enough money and didn't realize it was cash only until after we ordered.  It's nice to know there are still people in the world who are willing to give others an honest chance. 

For dinner, that evening we decided to dine out at Clancy's which is located in Dennis Port on the water.  The place was mobbed when we arrived around 7pm.  We put our name on the waiting list and received a green vibrating thingie and headed to the bar for a drinkie.  The bartender was friendly and offered us samples of a sauvignon blanc and a chardonnay to see which we would prefer.  I can't for the life of me remember the name of either vino.  I do remeber it was delish and we each ordered a glass.

We were seated about five minutes later in a booth in the front room which looked out onto the water.  The view was pretty.  The waiter was friendly enough and definitely diligent.  He quickly delivered a basket of fresh bread and bread sticks which we dogged and he checked on our drink situation.  As an appetizer we decided to order a huge baked stuffed quahog which they describe as spicy and made in house.  The stuffing squirted with fresh lemon was so good.  I loved it.  For supper, I decided on a garden salad with bleu cheese dressing and one of the combo plates.  The chicken, sausages, and sirloin tips came with a baked potato with butter and sour cream, and a veggie medley.  It was yummy but I hardly was able to put a dent in it.  The portion was on the larger side.  Mi amiga had a salad with vinaigrette dressing and the fish and chips as her main entree.  She said the fish was light and not too greasy.  And she had a good amount left over.  I tried a wee bit of the fish and it was nice.  We were so full to capacity that we couldn't even fit in dessert or coffee.  We took care of our bill and headed out to 28 Club.  It is a small dive bar that we happened upon.  My friend compared the joint to an episode of Twin Peaks.  What a motley group of characters.  It was hilarious!  Such a blast!

Oh and I give Clancy's a rating of B-.  And our overall trip gets a rating of B+.  And that's only because of the crappy weather.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly!
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Dennis Port to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete