Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mi Comida de Lunes on the barbie!

Yipeeee!  The void has finally been filled.  Word!  Yesterday I decided to marinate some boneless chicken in my own little made up mixture.  I tend to look through recipe books and on-line for various ideas to use when deciding what and how to cook.  From there, I combine many different ingredients that make sense to me.  I cut the chicken into thin strips and doused them in Ken's lite Italian dressing, teriyaki sauce, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion.  I let that sit in the fridge for about 24 hours.  To accompany the meat part of the meal, I sliced a couple all purpose potatoes and a small onion and tightly rolled them up in some handy dandy tin foil after spraying some PAM and sprinkling some salt and pepper on them.  We had some HOT Italian sausages in the freezer which really needed to be cooked so I grilled those up as well.  Let me add, I don't know why I even bought HOT sausages because I hate them.  I am sure I had some sort of crazy recipe in mind at the time like a gumbo or something.  I put the potatoes and sausages on the grill first for about 40 minutes to assure they would be almost cooked before I started bbqing the chicken tenderloins.    I am very weird about making sure stuff is way done!  The secret to the awesomeness of the chicken is BASTING the bird at least two to three times.  I was a bit lazy with the veggie sides....I heated the man some canned corn and I had beets in vinegar...a summertime favorite of mine.  So all and all mi comida was pretty healthy minus the sausages.  And might I add the chicken was freaking delish!!!!  Even the hubs who hates boneless chicken said he enjoyed it.  Per usual I made enough food for at least 3 people so I sent the leftovers to my dad-in-law.  He likes my food and that makes me very happy!  Here's hoping dessert, the whoopie pie from a place called Butter that we picked up today at Todesca's in Rozzie is yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment