Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Friday, November 18, 2011

Town Spa, 02072

The other afternoon, some cool girlfriends of mine and I headed out to one of my favorite pizza joints in the world.  The Town Spa in Stoughton has been in business for over 50 years and I can vouch for 30 something of them.  Oh!  Like I am going to tell ya my real age.  NOT! 

The food is always reliable and the pizza is the bomb.  Since I was a little girl, I have been enjoying the deliciousness of their perfect sized pizzas.  The best is that everyone, no matter what age, can order their very own pizza pie!  And no worries, they have every topping you can imagine.  Among others, linguica and onion is definitely on the top of my list. 

The pizza sauce is flavorful and they spread it on just right.  The ooey gooey cheese and other toppings together create scrumptousness on the thin, crispy crusted delight.  I LOVE it.  The menu also offers soups, salads, appetizers, cocktails, sandwiches and burgers.  I stick to the pizza and apps every time but I have been told by the hubs and others that the burgers are tasty.  But I do know for a fact that the wings are super delish. 

As soon as we sat down and ordered our beers and because I was famished, I put an order in for their phenomenal crinkle fries.  YUMMO!  The beer order was Bud Lights and a seasonal brew called Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat served with caramel and cinnamon on the rim. One of my buddies was seriously making out with the glass.  It was that yummy.  Too funny!  Our waitress was cool, friendly, and attentive but the woman who sat us was less than happy.  After we all shared the fries, we ordered some fresh Greek salads, thick cut onion rings, and some mozzarella sticks which they served with COLD marinara sauce.  Weird but true.  Don't get me wrong, the mozzies were good but they would have been way better with some warm dipping sauce.  Oh well. 

Soon after we devoured the salads and apps, our pizzas and burger were delivered.  Everything was so piping hot that I had to wait a good five minutes to take my first nibble of heaven.  The wait was well worth it.  My pepperoni pizza, sprinkled with salt and pepper and a healthy amount of grated cheese, was superb. 

The restaurant has a good sized bar and several tables/booths surrounding it.  And there is another dining area on the other side of the building with tons more seating.  There is a function room downstairs for parties.  There is also a take out area which has freezers full of pizza, (I bought four) you can purchase and cook at your leisure in the comfort of your home.  Best idea ever.  People come form all over the country for these pizzas and I think the Spa has some sort of pizza by mail dealio.  Don't mark my words though. 

After getting our fill, we chilled in the bar area which was way more lively.  Our lunch/dinner was a fun time.  We ate, drank, laughed, and chit chatted.  Some of us even extended our outing and headed out for some early evening shenanigans.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment