Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Friday, November 4, 2011

My Best Lasagna Yet!

For a couple of weeks now, I've had a hankering for some tasty lasagna.  The other night, I whipped up my masterpiece.  Word to the wise.  Use the no boil lasagna noodles.  It makes the billion step process so much easier and you can not tell the difference.  Trust me on this. 

The ingredient list consisted of no boil lasagna noodles, 2 jars of tomato sauce of your choice, 2 cups of ricotta cheese, one egg, 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, oregano, basil, garlic, one chopped onion, minced garlic, one pound of burger, and a box of frozen spinach (heated and drained well).  My special and secret ingredient is one layer of sliced pepperoni.  Freaking delish. 

After layering the ungreased pan with the uncooked noodles, creamy ricotta mixture, and sauce, spinach, and cooked meat blend, the concoction seriously weighed over 5 LB's.  The recipes I browsed called for cook times of 30-45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Since my little treasure was ginormous, I covered it and cooked it at 350 for about an hour then uncovered for 20 minutes so the cheese could get all gooey and bubbly. 

Served with fresh scalla bread, this four food group in one dish, dinner was fantastic.  At first mention of this specific supper, the hubs turned up his nose.  But after indulging in a heaping portion and then seconds, his opinion on boring old lasagna changed dramatically.  That man has some good taste.  Obviously.  HA! The end result WAS scrumptious and there was so much left over, I was able to share with my neighbors and family and that makes me happy.  :)

1 comment: