Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Deli

Yesterday, I decided to go on a huge cleaning and organizing spree for no good reason.  Once I started I could not stop.  My focus of the evening was the kitchen/pantry and the zillion gadgets, appliances, and other crap that we have managed to stock up on over the years.  It felt great to clean and put things in their proper place.  Ahhhh!.

My last task of the evening was to take stock of our fridge and freezer.  After viewing the Rochie's flyer, I printed up my list of well needed items to purchase.  I ventured out for the supermarket mid-morning thinking that the place wouldn't be a total nightmare on a Monday.  Well, I was wrong.  There weren't many people shopping.  Just the ones who think they are the only people on this earth.  Clueless is putting it lightly.  Ugh.

For the first time and against my better judgement, I decided to order the pre-sliced meats and cheese at the deli.  The whole time I was standing at the counter I was thinking to myself...why are you doing this?  You know you only like thinly sliced, fresh deli items.  My order consisted of some thin and trim ham (on sale of course), American cheese, and salami.  All pre-sliced.  Yes it was quick but I was nervous.  I grabbed some fresh Scali bread to make sandwiches with and cruised the store for the rest of my food.  After the obstacle course of people and grocery carts, my cart was FULL. 

My hubs and dad-in-law were busy working on our front porch when I arrived home.  After emptying the bundles and putting things in order, we sat down for lunch.  I will admit it this time.  I was wrong. The pre-sliced ham, salami, and cheese was fresh and tasty.  The slices of ham and salami were thinly sliced but the cheese was way too thick.  Two out of three ain't bad.  So there you go.  Pre-sliced!  You be the judge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment