Food is awesome!

Food is awesome!
Food is awesome! (photos on this blog are borrowed from the interweb, friends, and/or are personal shots)

Friday, December 16, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham

Should I have been a short order cook?  Is that my true calling?  Idk.  What I do know is that for some crazy reason, whipping up eggs in various forms, is a talent I have been blessed with.  Fried, over medium/easy eggs with grilled Virginia baked ham and a lightly toasted egg Finagle a Bagel with cream cheese, is the concoction I put together as a late breakfast for the hubs.  He gobbled it down, cleaning his plate per usual. 

The weird thing is that I don't fancy eggs.  If they are in a quiche, (recipe posted), or as the glue only in an omelette filled with veggies, meat, hot sauce, and cheese, I am all over it.  YUM.  Yeah.  Yeah.  Sounds strange but that's how I roll.  The prepared huevos always look so delicious and appetizing but I just can't stomach a plain old egg.  Uck.

My next cooking endeavor will be to master the poached and boiled egg.  Why not?  Right.  And many of the recipes I prepare, call for eggs.  That's cool and if I can't taste them, it's fine to dine.  The other day, I cracked an egg into the frying pan and two, TWO yolks came out, YO.  Ha.  No seriously, I was like a little kid in a candy shop.  I exclaimed, "OMG double yolk"  to the hubs, who of course was not very impressed.  I was super excited.  Then all of a sudden I felt so horrible.  As the eggs sizzled away in front of me and for some odd, twisted reason, I started picturing two baby chickies who could have grown up on a free range farm, just living the life.  Issues.  Um.  Yup.

2 comments:

  1. Howdy just wanted to give you а quісk heaԁs uρ.
    Thе words in уour contеnt sеem to be runnіng off
    the sсreen in Chrome. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I'ԁ post to let you know.
    Τhe layout look gгeat though! Hope you get the pгoblem resolѵed soon.
    Тhanks

    My blog eggcessories
    Also see my web site :: Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Thank you so much for letting me know. I am not the most computer savvy blog writer. Ha! I will see what's up with the formatting, etc. Do you have any suggestions?
      Thanks for checking out my blog!
      Kelly

      Delete